Kazakhstan FM starts his trip to Latin American countries
The visit of the Foreign Minister of Kazakhstan to Chile began with the talks with Head of the Foreign Investment Committee Matias Mori. E. Idrissov informed M. Mori on the achievements of Kazakhstan in social and economic sphereы and about the investment policy of the country. He also noted that Kazakhstan became a reliable business partner over the years of its independence. The Minister called his interlocutor to consider opportunities of investing in Kazakhstan taking into account the development strategy of the green economy in our country and holding of the EXPO-2017. In turn, M. Mori said that the achievements of Kazakhstan were quite impressive. M. Mori told about the fact that the countries had the same interests for development of cooperation and expressed readiness to jointly study the potential of the countries.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan also met with acting Minister of Foreign Affairs of Chile Alfonso Navarro.
E. Idrissov noted the symbolism of the first in the history visit of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan to Chile in the year of the 20th anniversary of the establishment of the diplomatic relations between the two countries. The Kazakh Minister told about the strategy of long-term development of the country “Kazakhstan-2050”, about the country’s ambitious plans on joining the top 30 developed countries of the world. In this regard, Kazakhstan expands its business contacts and plans to pay even more attention to development of the relations with the Latin American countries.
A. Navarro emphasized that Chile had a great interest in strengthening of partnership with Kazakhstan. “Among all the countries of the region, Kazakhstan is the most interesting country for us. We are ready to establish new contacts,” he noted stressing the huge potential for development in the sphere of trade, energy sector and mining industry.
One of the key topics for discussion was the simplification of the visa regime for the citizens of both countries. An important step in this direction was signing of the agreement on cancellation of visa requirements for holders of diplomatic and service passports. The sides also reached an agreement to continue the talks on complete cancellation of the visa regime for all the citizens of the countries in the nearest time.
Besides, the agreement on political consultations was signed between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Chile. The purpose of the documents is to systematize the dialogue between the countries.
A. Navarro also informed the Kazakh side about the plans of Chile to open its diplomatic representation in Astana.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan also discussed the relevant issues of the agenda on bilateral cooperation with Energy Minister Jorge Bunster and Chilean Mining Minister Hernan de Solminihac. The sides considered the ways of further development of the contacts and outlined the promising directions for cooperation.
Besides, E. Idrissov held a meeting with rector of the Diplomatic Academy of Chile Pablo Cabrero and gave a lecture to the audience of the Academy.
Moreover, the Kazakh diplomat also met with President of Chile Sebastian Pinera Echenique in an informal format. During the meeting, he conveyed the President the invitation to visit our country from the Head of State.
The visit of the Kazakh Foreign Affairs Minister to Chile opened a new page in bilateral relations with one of the leading countries in Latin America confirming the intention of Kazakhstan to remain committed to activation of the foreign policy, the press release of the Ministry reads.
- contain obscene, indecent, or profane language;
- contain threats or defamatory statements;
- contain hate speech directed at race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, or disability discord
- contain promotion of services or products
- ASTANA. August 19, 2015. BNews.kz Golovkin has promised an interesting fight to fans (VIDEO, PHOTO)
- ASTANA. August 17, 2015. BNews.kz Fearless koala chases South Australian woman on quad bike (VIDEO)
- ASTANA. August 17, 2015. BNews.kz Rein Taaramae (Astana Pro Team) won the Arctic Race of Norway (VIDEO)
- ASTANA. July 30, 2015. BNews.kz The preparations of the 128 IOC Session: 2022 Olympics (VIDEO)
- ASTANA. July 25, 2015. BNews.kz Press Conference 'On holding Powerlifting Open Asian Championships in Kazakhstan'
- 10:51 29.08.2015 European states to create anti-trafficking taskforce
- 29.08.2015 10:19 Hungary confirmed officially its participation in EXPO 2017
- 29.08.2015 09:53 Focus turns to U.S. data as China slowdown looms
- 29.08.2015 09:15 UN warning over EU migrant deaths
- 28.08.2015 19:54 Kazakh representatives discussed issues of CAR trade facilitation in Dushanbe
- 28.08.2015 19:25 Student shot dead at US university
- 28.08.2015 18:53 Kazakhstan interested in the development of constructive relations with Serbia - N. Nazarbayev
- 28.08.2015 18:19 Euro zone sentiment edges to new four-year high in August
- 28.08.2015 17:55 Kazakhstan Temir Zholy caught fire in Astana
- 28.08.2015 17:16 Brain cells 'burn out' in Parkinson's disease
- 28.08.2015 16:52 Constitution is the priceless gift of our independence: President of Kazakhstan
- 17:53 03.03.2015 Kazakh delegation took part in the 23rd INTOSAI Symposium in Vienna
- 20.01.2015 12:52 Kazakhstan participated in World Forum for Food and Agriculture in Berlin
- 21.05.2015 10:15 Astana Economic Forum opened in the capital
- 12.01.2015 11:19 Development of trade and economic cooperation between Kazakhstan and Russia will be discussed in Moscow
- 18.03.2015 16:56 The President of Kazakhstan received credentials by the heads of five diplomatic missions in Kazakhstan (PHOTO)
- 12.01.2015 17:51 New rules for import cars from Russia and Belarus came into force in Kazakhstan
- 26.03.2015 16:51 The head of Kazatomprom Nurlan Kapparov died
- 10.02.2015 19:26 The main factors that impede Kazakhstan WTO accession
- 30.03.2015 12:20 Kazakhstan to invest 20 bn dollars in transport infrastructure until 2020: MID of Kazakhstan
- 15.05.2015 10:56 U.S. House passes Iran nuclear review legislation
- 03.01.2015 12:24 Kazakhstan far ahead of Russia in cooperation with China